I know Canberra gives most people the impression that it’s a boring place but I seriously had a good time there. I guess maybe the main purpose of my trip wasn’t really to go visit the place itself, it was more like visiting my friend and see how she’s doing up there. So, in a way whether the place is as exciting as NY City or as simple as Canberra, it didn’t really matter.
I arrived in Canberra Friday night and since my friend was busy with work-related event, I got picked up from the airport by her housemate. One thing to note, I have never seen this guy before but I have heard a few things about him… so it was a quite interesting dinner! Saturday was a beautiful day and it was perfect to venture out – the old, new Parliament House, War Memorial, Telstra Tower and the annual event of Floride. Stupid enough I forgot to bring my digi-cam so unfortunately I won’t be able to share those photos with you till later when I get the disposable camera developed. I did, however, take some pics with my mobile, they turned out surprisingly good – pink and white tulips from Floride; shooting fountain; sunset from Mt Ainslie.
I arrived in Canberra Friday night and since my friend was busy with work-related event, I got picked up from the airport by her housemate. One thing to note, I have never seen this guy before but I have heard a few things about him… so it was a quite interesting dinner! Saturday was a beautiful day and it was perfect to venture out – the old, new Parliament House, War Memorial, Telstra Tower and the annual event of Floride. Stupid enough I forgot to bring my digi-cam so unfortunately I won’t be able to share those photos with you till later when I get the disposable camera developed. I did, however, take some pics with my mobile, they turned out surprisingly good – pink and white tulips from Floride; shooting fountain; sunset from Mt Ainslie.
One of the highlights of the trip must be visiting the old home of James Hird – Ainslie Football Club (hehe, thanks mate ^.^) and they serve really cheap beer! And I love the park facing the shooting fountain – so nice and relaxing…
So, as you can see - I did have a great weekend! Sometimes, it's always good to have a go before passing judgement of whether you like something or not.



1 comment:
Before passing judgement, is that mean you are prepare to live in Canberra as well?
Post a Comment