Yesterday, I received news about some changes in our lab that will be in effect early next year, and these changes are going to affect me intimately. Unfortunately, I don’t have the freedom to talk to my labmates about it coz my boss hasn’t made it public yet… probably not until later next week. About 10 minutes ago, I was asked by my boss’ assistant (who is aware of the news) whether knowing is now a burden to me – the fact that I can’t tell or talk to my labmates that I have befriend for 3 years – it is!
Through the years, I know a few things that people have yet to find out. They do not relate to me personally so I guess in a way, they are just information that I know the person involved in it would like me to keep it to myself. And I have no problems with that. Is it a burden to me that I know? In this case – nope, not at all. I have no urge in talking to people about it coz I understand why the person wants to keep it private in the first place! But even if I don’t understand the reason, I will just go with my friend’s wish. Honestly, I think I am pretty good with secrets. Secrets that don’t involve me that is. I am now finding it very hard to just absorb the information and can’t talk or analyse the situation with the people I think will give me helpful advice.
For my labmates that are reading this – PLEASE do NOT come asking me what the news is!!! You will know in due time… I am sorry!
Through the years, I know a few things that people have yet to find out. They do not relate to me personally so I guess in a way, they are just information that I know the person involved in it would like me to keep it to myself. And I have no problems with that. Is it a burden to me that I know? In this case – nope, not at all. I have no urge in talking to people about it coz I understand why the person wants to keep it private in the first place! But even if I don’t understand the reason, I will just go with my friend’s wish. Honestly, I think I am pretty good with secrets. Secrets that don’t involve me that is. I am now finding it very hard to just absorb the information and can’t talk or analyse the situation with the people I think will give me helpful advice.
For my labmates that are reading this – PLEASE do NOT come asking me what the news is!!! You will know in due time… I am sorry!

No comments:
Post a Comment