After a week off out of the lab I so don’t want to be back so soon! It’s not that I have much on anyway but just slacking off and staying home feels so good! Basically my week started off with my trip to Sydney on Saturday afternoon. We settled in a nice apartment and just chilled for a few. Later that night we went to a Belgium beer cafe near Circular Quay for dinner – nice place! We had a couple of beers (or I did anyway!) and mussels among other food.
After all the food we consumed, we strolled to The Rocks and walked along the Circular Quay in light drizzle. We then stopped by a place called Mint Bar for drinks. I guessed we just wanted to knock ourselves out that night coz on our way back to the apartment we also stopped by a bottle shop...
Along with Circular Quay, the Fish market has always been a must-visit place for me when I go to Sydney. This time, not only was the food enjoyable but we captured some funny scenes of a friend going through the torture of eating oyster (I was threatened to keep those pics to myself - sorry guys)! Until now the weather was still pretty crappy... cloudy and groomy... so what did we do – we went shopping! Haha... I never knew that Sydney has such a large shopping complex in the city! I guess shopping is not really on my priority list when I go travelling, but having a nice cup of coffee in my hands with a nice view is! Throughout the trip, we had two of these coffee-with-view relaxing moments. The first one consisted of a beautiful coffee (one of the best ones I have tasted) but a rather groomy view of the Darling Harbour. The other one was the vice-versa – a perfect day at Circular Quay with a really bad coffee! Sigh...

2 comments:
Hmm... a friend who was tortured to eat an oyster... who could that be?
It didn't taste that bad at first... until I chewed it into tiny pieces and THEN swallowed it. The fishy taste & stench then came right back up my throat and through my nose!!! I had no choice but to down some Ice Tea. But to the shock of my tastebuds and my poor nose, oyster & ice tea is a real BAD combination. Prefer to stick with fish & chips - COOKED stuff.
Despite all that, I must say great photographic skills from our friend. They really captured the moment (you gotta be there to see it, no fun describing it in words).
Umm... just a word of advise, never drink cold drinks when eating seafood like oyster, fish etc ... the stench and fishy taste just comes back at you. Not something to try even!!
Post a Comment