I remember back when I was in primary school and probably early high school, I had this nickname for my carelessness when it comes to exams. I used to always make really simple stupid mistakes. So through the years, I made sure that I could finish the exams quicker than the expected time and check and double check my answers. Besides exams, I was really forgetful when it comes to duties around the house before leaving the house… things like turning off the lights, making sure the windows or fridge doors were closed properly or the gas wasn’t still on, etc. And of course my mum never trusted my confirmation and she would go around and check everything again herself. I used to get really annoyed at that so as time passed, I ensured that I wouldn’t let her catch me out and slowly I got to build the trust from her.
There are some things that you think would never happen to you. I mean after so many times of practices you would think nothing would or should change. Waking up each morning and leaving the house with your keys are just part of the drill everyday… how hard can it be? It’s not hard at all… but it isn’t difficult to stuff it up either. It only took me one Sunday morning. I don’t know what I was thinking – actually I think the problem was I wasn’t thinking!
No matter how many times you practice a task, how many times you have executed it perfectly; it doesn’t take much for you to stuff it up. You can plan, be prepared and double-check all you want but sometimes things happen out of the blue and just throw everything off plan. What can you do? Just be more careful and mindful next time I guess and be thankful there is someone out there to help you when you are in need.
There are some things that you think would never happen to you. I mean after so many times of practices you would think nothing would or should change. Waking up each morning and leaving the house with your keys are just part of the drill everyday… how hard can it be? It’s not hard at all… but it isn’t difficult to stuff it up either. It only took me one Sunday morning. I don’t know what I was thinking – actually I think the problem was I wasn’t thinking!
No matter how many times you practice a task, how many times you have executed it perfectly; it doesn’t take much for you to stuff it up. You can plan, be prepared and double-check all you want but sometimes things happen out of the blue and just throw everything off plan. What can you do? Just be more careful and mindful next time I guess and be thankful there is someone out there to help you when you are in need.

No comments:
Post a Comment