Monash Postgraduate Association (MPA) held their 2nd annual photo competition earlier in the year. Seriously, I didn’t take much notice of it… until my labmates suggested that I should enter. Well, there’s nothing to lose, so why not! The photo(s) we chose to enter was my post-HK-holiday desk. For those that don’t know what I am talking about, here it is -->
We have totally forgotten about this competition until the last couple of weeks when the organisers emailed me saying the photos that were entered for the competition were going to be published in the MPA magazine and website so people can vote for the winner. And what did we do next? We emailed everyone we know that are still Monash students and told them to vote for me!! Hehe – and guess what I found out last night – WE WON!!! Woohoo!!! You must be asking what do I get… $250 voucher for professional photographic and digital
printing. What am I going to do with it – I have no clue! But we will discuss it and put it in good use (somehow)!
This wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for the efforts of my ‘lovely’ labmates – Daph, Silvia, Yong, Renee and of coz Shamith (the mastermind of it all) and all the others if I still haven’t figure out who you are!! Apparently they spent half a day wrapping every single thing on my desk in newspaper – and I mean every single thing… even things like the pens in my pencil case and each individual post-its. My favourite was the tissue box!
Here’s the link if you want to check out my other competitors…
printing. What am I going to do with it – I have no clue! But we will discuss it and put it in good use (somehow)!This wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for the efforts of my ‘lovely’ labmates – Daph, Silvia, Yong, Renee and of coz Shamith (the mastermind of it all) and all the others if I still haven’t figure out who you are!! Apparently they spent half a day wrapping every single thing on my desk in newspaper – and I mean every single thing… even things like the pens in my pencil case and each individual post-its. My favourite was the tissue box!
Here’s the link if you want to check out my other competitors…


1 comment:
haha...thats gold...
although it does prove that PhD students don't do any work. :D
hehe....
Post a Comment