Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Anger

Have you been angry with someone to a point where you can’t be bothered anymore? Don’t take me wrong, I said can’t be bothered anymore, NOT don’t care anymore! The difference is I still care for the person yet I know if we are to talk again, I won’t be the person that initiates it.

When we are angry with someone, we tend to think the worst of them. Sometimes we even link unrelated events together and draw hasty conclusions. If you slow down for a second and think back, do you seriously think your friend would do such a thing? At that moment, yes – because you would try to think of as many ‘reasonable’ excuses you can to make your anger somewhat rational. But after all those ridiculous thoughts and when the fury has subside, not only did you wasted your energy for being angry but you may have also disappointed your friend for thinking the way you did about them. So when you get angry, don’t let it get on top of you – the consequences may be worse than the initial conflict!

No comments: