Friday, August 19, 2005

So let's begin!

I enjoy reading blogs. They are not as personal as diaries but they allow you to see how the person is going, what they have been up to and how they feel about things happening around them. It doesn't really have to be entertaining or funny... some are actually quite sad - but that's life! I was asked a couple of weeks ago why don't I write a blog... typical answer - no motivation, no time! Seriously, how long does it take for you to sit down and write something!? Maybe just once a week! So, here I am - got outa my shell and attempting to reach out to you guys!

Personally, I treat my blog as a place where I put things down that sometimes they just kinda slipped outa your mind when asked about "how is it going?". I am sure you get asked that question at least once a day... it's like a typical start of a conversation! But really, are you really "fine" or "good"... what about "what's going on?" - is it really "nothing much"? Sometimes when I was asked about something that happened a few months ago (ok, maybe just a couple of weeks ago), I don't remember it. It's not that it was insignificant to me but it just kinda slipped outa my mind. There are so many things that consume our energy to nowadays, it's so easy to reason it as "I was too busy". Just slow down and think about what you are busy with... True, there is always your education, your career, your future. But it doesn't take a lot of your time to ask "how is it going?" to the person next to you. Maybe you will just get the expected answer or you will be surprised how far that conversation can go!

Another reason I got my act together and start writing this blog is a song I heard recently... yep you've guessed it - it's called "Welcome to my life" by Simple Plan. Great song...
Do you ever feel like breaking down? Do you ever feel out of place? Like somehow you just don't belong, And no one understands you...

So it wasn't so bad, right? At least it's a start!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you enjoy your blog experience. ^.^

Panda said...

Firstly, after reading your blog I have to agree with what you are pointing out. Though,it's really hard to change old habits, I guess. Usually when someone askes me the question "what's going on? or how is it going", I do reply with the answer of "nothing much or the same". This to me is not only the typical answer but the only answer. For I feel there is nothing much happening in my life to really share it around with people (while at least nothing much of good news and if bad I don't want to remember it let alone talk about it). And, personally, I do not like the idea of sharing bad news. Hence, turns out to be as so.

Another thing, I am not much of a great talker when it comes to making conversations. Usually when a conversation starts it always ends pretty much in an erupt sort of way which begins by the errie silence where there is nothing left to say. This happens to me qutie alot and not something I am comfortable to. I guess if you talk to someone you must try to "break the ice" and into "they and your own comfort zone" before any intense conversation can be made. Otherwise there is nothing much left but the typical "what's going on?" and "nothing much" routine.

Lately, I am trying real hard to change myself (at least in small ways and habit wise), so I guess this will be one of them too.

Panda said...

Ha, I just thought I would contribute and write something and then after I published it I found out I have been dragging on and on again. Sometimes, I just don't know how to stop myself.

Anonymous said...

This is first time I've written in a blog - so no, I don't have one yet. But I think its a great idea, it gets ppl together. So lets start sharing boys and girls! Tune in for another episode/comment. Thought I'd contribute now since I'm here at the link. Laterz...

Anonymous said...

Sharing little day to day thing with people is not easy coz we tend to forget them rather quickly. However, every little thing make up who will are and why we do certain things in certain ways. I truly hope you can learn about yourself and life with this blog experience. And I also hope that blog entries enable your friends to learn more about the real you.
=}