Monday, August 22, 2005

Not a good start to a week...

Thank you for those who commented, keep them coming!

I actually had another idea for this blog entry but something happened today at work. A laptop that usually sits on my lab bench was stolen over weekend! You must be thinking why didn’t I lock it up or put it away… it was a really really old laptop that the lab was thinking of throwing away so I thought I can use it for data collection for my animal work. Luckily, I have extracted all the data out already... I had a bad feeling earlier on that (coz the laptop was so old) it was gonna chuck a fit on me, so personally it wasn’t such a big loss... but still!!! Just crap!!! Not a great start to the week at all!

When something happens, there’s always more than one way of seeing it. Although the laptop was stolen, I extracted all the data out already so the situation could have been worse. Let’s just hope the offender was caught on camera!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiyo... mate, lucky it wasn't your personal Compaq one. Think security!! Do you need a cable lock? What about an external USB hard drive to backup your data? Oh, and how about a fingerprint reader on your notebook so no one can get into your data even when its stolen? I beta stop now before anyone hits me on the head (you can so tell whats my fav topic of conversation, only jk).

Good thing you saved data beforehand... things happen for a reason!! Haha...

Panda said...

Hey Jo, the comment you leave sound soooo much like a computer sales person, haha.
And talking about a sixth sense/bad feeling you get before something bad happens. I just want to know, does that happen to u alot or is that just one of those lucky incidents.

Satorare said...

It was definitely one of the most lucky moments for me Panda! Being a scientist, I am a computer idiot and get extremely paranoid with losing data, so I have like cds after cds of backed up data!