Wednesday, November 08, 2006

No need for a reason

Got some feedbacks that people would like the previous post to be translated to English, here it is (it is the closest I can get it to be):

Why do you like a person?
Interestingly, answering this question is not that easy. On the other hand, you can go on and on about not liking someone.

To like a person, it is a feeling. To not like a person, it is a fact.
While facts can be explained and justified, feelings are groundless, very subjective and sometimes difficult to be verbalised.

Love is when both of you can feel the "click" in the first encounter, that you start to feel the need to be close to each other, then hormonal imbalance kicks in, and you really want to embrace him/her. From then on, no matter what kind of day you are going through, you cease to remember why you like that special someone in the first place.

Only when you start to dislike the person, the reasons of aversion surface because you become picky and the flaws emerge. The pickier you get, the more flaws you can pick out, then it is not that difficult to reason out why you don’t like him/her.

Imagine a scenario of clothes shopping – even if you discover a fault in the outfit you picked, after a couple of lines of displeasure, you still choose to buy it coz that’s the only one that catches your fancy. On the other hand, if you didn’t want to shop for clothes in the first place, even the tiniest fault in an outfit can set off a chain of exaggerated annoyance.

Separations can be of a lot of reasons, but for two people to come together, there is only one and that is - there is no need for a reason!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks mate ... I really like it... and relate to it from the heart. May I ask for permission to post it on mine? Without taking merit for it of course.

Satorare said...

Feel free!

Anonymous said...

umm - while you're at it why don't you translate the 11 joke one. i really wanna read it but I can't read chinese.

Satorare said...

Er... you're kidding rite? Gimme a buzz and I'll read it to you!

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I've hijacked the content of your post!! Really hope you dont mind - it kinda went out of hand, just goes to show this can be a topic of discussion on a Sat night with friends and ... alcohol!