Recently, a couple of my friends are going through a rough patch – some concerned about their careers, some worried about the choices they made and some just not having a good time at all! It’s tough being in their situations and I truly sympathise for each and every one of them. I hope this trough will soon be over for them and I get to see their smiling faces soon =)
I find it very difficult to just sit here and feel helpless while my friends struggle with their life disturbances. Most of the times I don’t know how to approach these individuals – should I stick my nose in but would that be too annoying; or should I just leave them alone and let them have their peace and quiet but is that not caring? Basically, I have this tussle within myself over how to care for my friends. But recently, I think I am getting better at it coz I actually had feedbacks from people thanking me for what I did – now that’s pretty rare! It wasn’t something big that I did, it’s just that this time I took the initiative. Sometimes, all they want is someone there to listen to their stories or a person on the other side of the phone or chat program. Other times, it may require helping them out, and I made it clear that all they need to do is gimme a buzz and I will be there. So friends, if there’s anything I can do to help, gimme a yell!!
I find it very difficult to just sit here and feel helpless while my friends struggle with their life disturbances. Most of the times I don’t know how to approach these individuals – should I stick my nose in but would that be too annoying; or should I just leave them alone and let them have their peace and quiet but is that not caring? Basically, I have this tussle within myself over how to care for my friends. But recently, I think I am getting better at it coz I actually had feedbacks from people thanking me for what I did – now that’s pretty rare! It wasn’t something big that I did, it’s just that this time I took the initiative. Sometimes, all they want is someone there to listen to their stories or a person on the other side of the phone or chat program. Other times, it may require helping them out, and I made it clear that all they need to do is gimme a buzz and I will be there. So friends, if there’s anything I can do to help, gimme a yell!!

No comments:
Post a Comment