Being part of the biomedical science industry, I am constantly exposed to learning about different diseases. There is no way that I can remember the details of every one of them but I have a brief idea of what they are about. At the start, the amazingly huge number of described conditions and their vast varieties fascinate me. But as I get to know more and more, I found out how much I actually don’t know!
Sometimes, discomforts that you normally dismiss may not be as normal as you think. For example, the cause of a headache could be as easy as a bump to the head, or it could very well be from a virus leading onto the onset of a fever. A majority of time, I ignore a headache because I suspect it was just from a lack of sleep. Yet, there’s always that slight chance a headache could be a sign of something much bigger. Of course, you don’t want to get ahead of yourself and worry needlessly but given my knowledge that a persistent headache is a common symptom to a lot of brain anomalies, you start to think about all the possibilities. I guess what I am trying to get at is no matter how small something seems on the surface, without proper attention, it will only get worse.
Sometimes, discomforts that you normally dismiss may not be as normal as you think. For example, the cause of a headache could be as easy as a bump to the head, or it could very well be from a virus leading onto the onset of a fever. A majority of time, I ignore a headache because I suspect it was just from a lack of sleep. Yet, there’s always that slight chance a headache could be a sign of something much bigger. Of course, you don’t want to get ahead of yourself and worry needlessly but given my knowledge that a persistent headache is a common symptom to a lot of brain anomalies, you start to think about all the possibilities. I guess what I am trying to get at is no matter how small something seems on the surface, without proper attention, it will only get worse.

1 comment:
I know how you feel and I share your dilemma. The case we are learning this week is about endocarditis, and tooth-ache predisposes its manifestation. I have a toothache and occassionally I get palpitations, so maybe I should get it check out... what do you reckon?
Post a Comment