Thursday, May 27, 2010

Parents away = Kids

So, my parents have arrived in Vancouver yesterday. Despite the intense fear of flying, my mum "behaved". I can see or track online that their plane landed on time but they didn't give me a call until 3 hours later. Ok, fine, they wanted to get to their friend's place first. When I finally waited for their call, my dad said two lines - basically saying they have landed - and hung up. I called back straight away and asked how they were, how was the flight, how was custom, you know - like an actual conversation! Anyway, so now I am again sitting here at my office, still waiting on their call to hear how they are doing on the second day in Vancouver.

Am I being paranoid?

Of course, if the scenario was reversed, you would think it's "normal". If I was ever landed and didn't call straight away, I would get blasted. If I was ever said only two lines and hung up, I would get blasted. If I was ever "forgot" to call home when I was away, I would get blasted.


Because "parents" get worried... and apparently they don't think their kids would!

No comments: