Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Back

Looks like I have yet again fell off my blog wagan.. but here I am! Although it is officially Spring, the weather in Calgary has been quite unsettling - windchill of -9C with flurries today! It will be very interesting if my parents experience snow when they come to visit in June! So what's been happening... Well, I now have been in Canada for over 18 months. I have experienced Vancouver 2010 as a "Canadian" since hardly any Aussies were (any good at) competiting in Winter Olympics. I cheered, cried and congratulated like a local. Can I just say - that hockey gold medal match - OMG!! What a game!! Needless to say, I am a full-on hockey fan now. Even have my own Calgary Flames jersay - Go Flames. Although they didn't make it to the playoffs this year, hopefully I can make good use of my jersay next season.

I went to Toronto and really enjoyed the fast and crowded city - full of fun yet not lacking culture. Met up with my aunt and my lovely cousins. Can't believe it's been 10 years since I last saw them. We seemed like strangers yet the feeling was very comfortable and very close. Things at work are going... are going! There were unhappy and very frustrating times regarding getting "permission" or agreement from boss to go to a conference. On the flip side of things, I got to grow up and recognise the need to vocalise what I want/need. I learned that despite the goods people may do, they don't necessary have your backs all the time. Am I going to the conference - hell yes! This is the only conference I can go and get a feel what's available on my side of the world... if only people can see or understand that!

No comments: