The weather has been soooooo fantastic lately and finally! I woke up on Saturday and thought what-the-heck, I will go out and take a walk... And I walked and walked, walked all the way to downtown, which is around 7 km from my apartment! It was a great causal walk along the famous Bow River and the paths are so well organised I didn't feel like I would be knock over by a bike or the fast roller-blader. But each time a bike rode pass, I was so jealous for the speed and freedom. I have to get myself one of those! After lunch with aunt, we walked again to a nearby beauiful Prince Island Park. As I thought I did enough walking, we went to the biggest shopping centre in Calgary - haha!! At the end of the day, I have walked 20,000 steps (pedometer on my phone)!! Wow!! I felt alright that night but the next morning, I haven't felt this sore for a long long time and I actualy like it. It felt like I actually did some "work".
And yes, I bought a bike and because it is still "new", I opted to carry it all the way upstairs to my 4th floor apartment and store it there each day (as oppose to leaving it locked at the bike-racks where all the old and damage bikes seem to have accumulated). Although it is quite a bit of work the carry the bike up and down each time I ride the bike, I think it is worth it. I can't wait to ride the bike along the Bow River each weekend and just lay around on the grass at the Prince Island Park with a book. Awesome!!

No comments:
Post a Comment