Haha... I think ever since I stepped into a lab environment, I have always been the youngest in the group - Honours, even when I started my PhD I was the youngest amongst my group of friends and labmates. Anyway, now that I am in Canada, I have been mistaken a number of times as a Master student. When I corrected them I am actually a post-doc, their stunned expression kinda amuse me! That usually follows with a comment, "But you look so young, where did you do your doctoral studies?" To be honest, I don't take it negatively, I don't feel intimidated. I am grateful that I can finish my studies at a young age, thanks to the Australian tertiary system. In the North American system, you will be lucky to start your PhD at 26!! I passed and graduated at that age!!
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment