It’s quite a task trying to dig up some long lost memories. I guess they are not really “lost” but suppressed due to certain reasons. They have been hibernating quietly deep within you and when given the correct stimulus, they will amazingly come out of their silence. One of the stimuli I feel that’s pretty effective in triggering memory is music. They may be some random catchy tune played on the radio that you fell immediately in love with; or songs that you heard in a special place on a special occasion; or a song that reflected a situation you were going through. I am particularly fond of songs that can express fully how I feel better than my own words during particular times. These songs are usually repeated many, many times on my speakers until other good songs come around to take their place.
I was given the chance to revisit some of the songs I fell in love with a long time ago. Behind each of them, there was a story to tell. Some are still quite vivid, some are very vague. There are also some that gave me a bit of a surprise at the depth of my feelings in the past. At some stage, a particular song may have meant a lot to me but after awhile, the meaning of the song may have faded along with some of the memories that used to be attached with it. I guess it’s both fortunate and pitiful. It’s fortunate that I have grown somewhat and no longer dwelling on the past; it’s a bit of a pity that the once such strong feeling is no longer around, it feels quite numb.
I was given the chance to revisit some of the songs I fell in love with a long time ago. Behind each of them, there was a story to tell. Some are still quite vivid, some are very vague. There are also some that gave me a bit of a surprise at the depth of my feelings in the past. At some stage, a particular song may have meant a lot to me but after awhile, the meaning of the song may have faded along with some of the memories that used to be attached with it. I guess it’s both fortunate and pitiful. It’s fortunate that I have grown somewhat and no longer dwelling on the past; it’s a bit of a pity that the once such strong feeling is no longer around, it feels quite numb.

No comments:
Post a Comment