Sigh... the last of my fellow neurobiologists in the lab has just left for her maternity leave, and won't be returning - so sad =(
It's nearly half a year since I have been left alone in the lab and basically trying to survive by myself. It has been a very different experience but I think I am handling it alright. Being the "lost child" around the lab is not nice but being put into this kinda situation at this early stage of my career is a great opportunity for me to grow up professionally. It's not often that the superviors and their student are in different labs but I have been blessed with very caring and understanding bosses that I can speak openly to. Last and not least, my fellow labmates have been doing a great job in not letting me feel too alone =)

No comments:
Post a Comment