Sometimes we make boundaries and rules to make sure we avoiding doing certain things for a better good. For instance, people who go on dieting will have strict rules of what to eat, when to eat and even how to eat (or rather, what NOT to eat, when NOT to eat, etc… you get my drift). On a sporting field, there are always rules and regulations that make sure the players are protected and the game can be played in an orderly manner. Even on a day-to-day basis, there are boundaries we know we shouldn’t cross and one thing that’s clear about me for those who have read my previous posts is that I am not a fan of lying. Yet, as I have recently starting to feel more and more strongly – there are always grey areas. Sure, you can go on a strict diet but there’s always that one time you let it slip. The sporting field is restricted by rules but who’s to say the resulting penalties are righteous after an ambiguous wrong-doing? It’s very difficult to make everyone happy but it doesn’t stop people from trying. At the moment, I am trying very hard to avoid the “black” area but struggling immensely in the narrowing grey patch. In order to leap to the white, there are serious consequences I have to consider and not sure if I can handle. I guess my point is that – not everything is black and white. Being finally put into the grey patch, I can sympathise for those struggling in it. Some matters do not end up with a right and wrong outcome; they tend to be resulted in causing less harm or triggering more devastating consequences.
Friday, June 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Honestly I think that nothing in the world is totally black or white. Been in the grey area may in fact make you feel more comfortable. At least you don't have to struggle as much.
Post a Comment