I am under a bit of stress recently. Things have just decided to happen all at once and I am finding it a bit hard to just keep my cool. Not that stress is a bad thing, once in awhile I need it to give myself a knock on the head as some kind of reality check. There are times that I feel things or even people don’t matter to me anymore. Sometimes, I have the attitude of if something is there, it’s there and if it’s not – too bad. I don’t have the expectations or try to put up a fight for something I really want. Yet when the stressful times come, my perceptions change.
I guess in a way stress reflects how important the things are to me. I mean why would I stress over something that is unimportant to me? If I don’t care about someone, I wouldn’t bother thinking about them, let alone worry or stress over them. If I don’t care about a task in hand, I wouldn’t have to make sure I am giving it my best shot. So in a way, having things to stress over is not such a bad thing at all, at least it gives me an idea that there are things in life that matter to me.
So when the stressful times do come, how do you handle it? Some people like to eat their way through stress, some like to shop till they drop. Yet, I admire the people that can just slump onto their beds and sleep without the slightest hesitation. On the other hand, there are those that use methods that may lead to further stress, such as drinking and gambling. Whatever the method may be, I guess the ultimate goal is to alleviate the mind from thinking the stressful matter too much. My method? Mmm… I don’t really have one. Maybe just keep my head up and look forward to a better day tomorrow.
I guess in a way stress reflects how important the things are to me. I mean why would I stress over something that is unimportant to me? If I don’t care about someone, I wouldn’t bother thinking about them, let alone worry or stress over them. If I don’t care about a task in hand, I wouldn’t have to make sure I am giving it my best shot. So in a way, having things to stress over is not such a bad thing at all, at least it gives me an idea that there are things in life that matter to me.
So when the stressful times do come, how do you handle it? Some people like to eat their way through stress, some like to shop till they drop. Yet, I admire the people that can just slump onto their beds and sleep without the slightest hesitation. On the other hand, there are those that use methods that may lead to further stress, such as drinking and gambling. Whatever the method may be, I guess the ultimate goal is to alleviate the mind from thinking the stressful matter too much. My method? Mmm… I don’t really have one. Maybe just keep my head up and look forward to a better day tomorrow.

2 comments:
You seem to be really emotional lately... anyway I'm sure tomorrow will be another fine day. So please calm down and think about me. Haha... hope that helps. ^.^
Does that work? Cos I may well try that too!! Lol!
Post a Comment