Thursday, July 16, 2009

Shakers Fun Centre

It is an annual tradition that we have a day of lab outing fun! This year, our birthday girl Carla, suggested we go to Shakers Fun Centre which is located at the south-east fringe of Calgary. The place has Go-Karts, Mini-golf, Laser-tag, Wall-climbing and many arcade games. It was mid-week so we thought there wouldn't be too many people (mainly kids) around but we were wrong as it IS the summer holidays!! Some kids even challenged us "grown ups" on Laser-tag - kids!! We bought the all day all play pass and we tackled the Go-Karts first. Initially we were quite worried that the weather would not allow us to play but luckily once we got started, the rain and clouds stayed away! This was my second time on Go-Karts and it was in stark contrast to the previous track and kart. This one was full of bends and turns so overtaking and bumping were guaranteed! And the karts were a lot more protective and new. The blue karts were also 2-person karts so that adults can accompany their littlies on the track - good idea! I think I went on 4 times - it was heaps of fun! Next, we played the laser tag - my first time. I didn't know this game was so physical demanding but I think I did pretty well. At first I didn't really know what to do and with 15 adults in a confined room, there were bound to be bumps and bruises! Again we played this multiple times. A few of us also challenged the climbing wall and played with arcade games. Afterwards we went to have pizza and beer. I was so tired (and feel so old) by then. All in all, it was a fun and fantastic day! Great choice Carla!!

No comments: