Friday, July 24, 2009

Calgary Summer

I haven't experience a real summer for a long time... it has been over 18 months! Finally, towards the end of July, there is some heat in Calgary. The temperature is not as stunning and stinking hot as 46C but the air is very dry, no wind and it can reach up to the 30 degree mark. Unlike Melbourne where if you are under the sun for a couple of minutes, you can feel the skin burning, I am slowly developing a tan without knowing I was under the sun. Outdoor is very pleasant but indoor inside my spartment is very very stuffy! I am on the top floor facing east so the morning sun and heat wakes me up each morning. With no wind, the apartment remains stuffy and hot for the rest of the day! It's a sauna! To be honest, I actually prefer to come to work early and stay inside the air-conditioned office. Again with the long days, (sunlight from roughly 5am till 10pm) I find it amazing that the peak of the heat is during 4-7pm and not midday-3pm!!

No comments: