Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Snow in June

I experienced the "worst Calgary Winter in recent years" and I survived it. The native Calgarians here absoluately hate their Winters, they hate the snow, they hate the deadly wind-chills. Of coz, they can be hell but for someone who has never experienced this, I didn't mind it too much. Just need to get used to it. As we are approaching middle of the year, I realised whenever the weather warms up just a little bit (eg. +14C), I see people with shorts and singlets laying on the lawn enjoying the sun! Melbournians would still be complaining about the cold while Honkies would most likely wear their puffy snow jackies and scarves. In the month of May, we had a couple of weeks of delightful tops of 20C, very very pleasant Spring weather. But in the first weekend of June, the temperature dropped to sub-zero and we had overnight snow and morning hail!! I woke up with white roof-tops!! What a reminder that I am living in Canada, or Calgary to be precise!

No comments: