I have been invited to a number of my friends' homes recently for house-warming parties, apartment-sit or simply for just a catch-up chat. And I have really noticed that going into someone's home can really say a lot about that person. Once you step into the house, there may be a strong sense of "home" - comfortable, personalised, warm, settled, the obvious evidence of hard-work that was put into the place to have it looking what it is now and the owner's glowing face of never tired of showing another tour of the house. There are also the investments put into the house to make sure that the occupants will very much look forward coming back to at the end of a long hard day at work. And there are other houses where the owner's idea may be more of a convenience, being one of the many stop-overs that can be use to rest temporarily. Even if there are major flaws in the place, a blind-eye is effortlessly employed.
At times, I love to look at a house and imagine the things I will do to it to make it "mine". Things that I will buy, things that I will hang, things that will make the place desirable to return to. I have a pretty good idea of everything in my head... now I just need a house!
At times, I love to look at a house and imagine the things I will do to it to make it "mine". Things that I will buy, things that I will hang, things that will make the place desirable to return to. I have a pretty good idea of everything in my head... now I just need a house!

No comments:
Post a Comment