Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Bruised...

Played a really tough game last night at soccer. The team we were suppose to play against pulled out so the organisers teamed us with a Division 1 team. When we heard the news before the game, all of us were like - great, we're gonna get thrashed! But at the end of the day the result didn't mean a thing as we would gain 6 points from the forfeited team anyway. So whichever you look at it, we would just lose some confidence if we did get a thrashing. It was time to get ready and I was handed the captain arm-band (I am just filling in until our captain comes back from her holiday)... What a way to start the captaincy, I thought, getting thrashed in the first game, memorable, just memorable!

The game started, and we gave away a really cheap penalty early on but we kicked a equaliser very soon after. It was a tough struggle throughout the match. We felt that we had to work extra hard to get a good opportunity while it seems a ease for our opponent. Around 10 mins into the game, I was approaching my opponent and she smashed the ball right into my face. I was quite dizzy for a moment but I figured I didn't hear a crack and no blood was dripping down my face, I was still right to play - so I did. The following couple of minutes were a bit tough, I was still trying to re-focus my eyes as one of them just received an enormous shock from the ball. I felt one side of face was tightening up fast and getting really hot. I ignored it and played on for the rest of the game. We won 4-3! We were thrilled. I was thrilled. But when I got home, I had an icepack around my face, an icepack on my foot, one hand massaging a bruise on my leg and another holding a bottle of water. What a match!

No comments: