For those that know me or are unfortunate enough to be on the other side of the phone or MSN when I whinge about the pain would know that I get injured through sports quite regularly. Basically it is to a point where when I get home from either soccer or badminton, the first thing mum says to me is – so which part did you hurt yourself this time? Sometimes, it’s not a full on injury but muscle tiredness that requires some heat to fasten up the healing process. Other times, the pain is too much and limits my movement but rarely do I need professional treatment. It isn’t so bad I always tell my mum, and she always fires back with – why do you have to go all out, is it worth it? Hmm…
Is it worth it? Of course it is. Once I start playing, I don’t care about anything other than giving it my 100%. Even if I was injured, if I was still able to run and contribute I would still be on the field. For most people, however, they think that I am crazy. Then it led me to think about times when I get curious why certain people would go a long way for something or someone, are they crazy? I guess whether something is worthy of your time or energy is really a very subjective choice. Sometimes it is difficult to express why but in the end, if you feel something is worth it then go for it!
Is it worth it? Of course it is. Once I start playing, I don’t care about anything other than giving it my 100%. Even if I was injured, if I was still able to run and contribute I would still be on the field. For most people, however, they think that I am crazy. Then it led me to think about times when I get curious why certain people would go a long way for something or someone, are they crazy? I guess whether something is worthy of your time or energy is really a very subjective choice. Sometimes it is difficult to express why but in the end, if you feel something is worth it then go for it!

No comments:
Post a Comment