Monday, January 16, 2006

Catching up II

My weekend was again happily consumed by spending time with another friend who came back to Melbourne for a visit. This time, we went to a cafĂ© in Brunswick St for coffee and cake (Kahlua cake – yum!) and strolling along the St Kilda beach. It was very windy along the coast and plenty of kite-surfing action happening.
So, we settled down on a bench and watch the fascinating sport and just talked for the rest of the afternoon. This time, deciding on where to have dinner wasn’t such a task as we have already done our homework and chosen a very nice vegetarian place within the St Kilda Seabaths complex called Soulmama (http://www.soulmama.com.au/). Some people have the perception that vegies themselves cannot fill someone up, but we were definitely very stuffed by the end of the night!

Sunday started with my weekly badminton work-out. Only problem was some of my friends pulled at the last minute and I was left waiting for the late comers for half an hour before my first hit. But it was all good since I get to hit with my new baby – Yonex MusclePower 99! After the strenuous exercise (which I am still recovering from), I was a little early for my next appointment so I did something that I have never done so far in my life – dining alone. I headed to Maccus for a quick lunch with the company of the Sunday Herald. It wasn’t so bad…

I am not a big fan of arty-farty movies (actually I hate them after watching Nicole Kidman’s controversial “Birth”) but I thought I would give it another go. We went to the Kino Dendy cinemas at Collins (http://www.dendy.com.au/) for George Clooney’s “Good night, and good luck”. By the way, I am not a Clooney fan but this film was pretty good. The settings and the cinematography was outstanding and the way Clooney made the movie was very clever. I can’t say it was awesome coz I am still trying to figure out some of the things mentioned in the movie. Maybe once I understood the whole thing, I would appreciate it much more!

No comments: