We had the annual Xmas lab retreat in Canmore a couple of days ago. Basically after a day of talks, the lab relaxed, ate, infused with alcohol and just celebrate the year 2009 has been! Oh what a night! To be honest, I have never consumed that much and that many variations of alcohol in one night but I still remember everything that have happened, and everything that thankfully did not! The morning talks were largely very very good and the day went by very quickly. The scenery of Canmore is breathtaking and we were honoured to have that as our company during a quick and easy lunch. Dinner was a different story though unfortunately. But prior to that, we had the traditional "lab bonding" secret santa. The gifts were, as my German friend would call it, "fancy and definitely naughty"!! After a couple of tousle with my boss, I guess I had my revenge from last year - HA!! A roulette drinking game was the event to finish and lead us into dinner. Downing a couple shots of scotch, we were all relaxed and ready for food and beer. The food was nothing worth mentioning of but the conversations were quite astonishing! From the love of cooking, potential NHL star, Bar-b-barn, potential huge paper to (wait for it....) vasectomy. I am not kidding you! What in the world... but it is not surprising after a couple of pitchers of beer and yet the night was still young!
After some refreshing up and walking in the pleasant and rather warm (near above zero) night we arrived at the Drake. Interestingly enough I wasn't checked for ID, HA! The band that night was really only mediocre but more pitchers flew in which I optioned for Vodka-lime and Gin-n-tonic, conversations were easy to come by. A couple more hours in, shots were fired - I discovered a really yummy and "Xmasy" drink with yet a name, it is a mixture of equal parts consisting of Grand Marnier, Goldschlager and Baileys - absolutely fantastic!! Two more rounds were in order and we were very very comfortable and with some people, very talkative - HA!!
I still wonder if I can post some photos of the night... hmm...

No comments:
Post a Comment