It's been awhile since I last posted. It wasn't coz nothing has happened since then, just that I have been flat out and haven't really had time to sit down to gather my thoughts!
I tried to post some photos from a family dinner we had in Anchorage of Williamstown earlier in the month, but for some reason, blogger didn't seem to work. It was a dinner to celebrate the completion of my sister's undergraduate studies. We had a great seafood platter as shared entree and individually we ordered our mains. I had a mango with grilled prawns salad - absolutely fantastic (my two favourites together)! To finish off, we ordered two desserts and the Lindt white chocolate mousse was definitely worth a mention. For someone who doesn't like chocolate, I would still rate this dessert highly!
I went on a work retreat/conference last week in Lorne. It was only a 2 day thing but the weather was perfect for the beach. Unfortunately, for those 2 days, we were only allowed 2 hrs of free time! The program for the conference was really boring and it was a total torture having to sit indoors listening to boring talks while the beach was only 30 metres away. We made the most of our free time in the beach and even with that short period of time, I still managed to get burnt!
We had our centre's xmas party last Friday and it was awesome! I think it was much better than last years by far. Again, unfortunately I couldn't share the photos with you, I may give it a try at a later time! We only had 2 days to prepare our Kris Kringle present so it was interesting to see what people got each other. It was a great way to see what characteristics people in the lab see/perceive each of us as. I was thrilled with what I received. At first I thought it was a plain photo-frame and then when someone strangely asked me if there was a photo in it, I was very surprised with what I found. It was a picture of our Soccer team! I was very very happy, it now sits nicely on my desk! We also had the raffle and I can go shopping with an extra 20 bucks in my pocket (unlike last year when I just got an Esky, but the ice-pack in it did come in handy when I injured myself week in week out).
What else have I been up to... I have been doing experiments in the city, so with the travel time and stress over where to park really took the energy out of me. The heat from the last 2 days have been an absolute torture. We had temperature of 37 and 41 degrees over the weekend and the smoke in the air from fires in the country-side was terrible. I have been trying to get some xmas shopping done with no success, shopping centres are just full of people and I get uneasy with crowds!
There are a few more xmas parties in the coming couple of weeks and then finally the holidays!! But before that, I have to work hard and finish as much work as possible!
I tried to post some photos from a family dinner we had in Anchorage of Williamstown earlier in the month, but for some reason, blogger didn't seem to work. It was a dinner to celebrate the completion of my sister's undergraduate studies. We had a great seafood platter as shared entree and individually we ordered our mains. I had a mango with grilled prawns salad - absolutely fantastic (my two favourites together)! To finish off, we ordered two desserts and the Lindt white chocolate mousse was definitely worth a mention. For someone who doesn't like chocolate, I would still rate this dessert highly!
I went on a work retreat/conference last week in Lorne. It was only a 2 day thing but the weather was perfect for the beach. Unfortunately, for those 2 days, we were only allowed 2 hrs of free time! The program for the conference was really boring and it was a total torture having to sit indoors listening to boring talks while the beach was only 30 metres away. We made the most of our free time in the beach and even with that short period of time, I still managed to get burnt!
We had our centre's xmas party last Friday and it was awesome! I think it was much better than last years by far. Again, unfortunately I couldn't share the photos with you, I may give it a try at a later time! We only had 2 days to prepare our Kris Kringle present so it was interesting to see what people got each other. It was a great way to see what characteristics people in the lab see/perceive each of us as. I was thrilled with what I received. At first I thought it was a plain photo-frame and then when someone strangely asked me if there was a photo in it, I was very surprised with what I found. It was a picture of our Soccer team! I was very very happy, it now sits nicely on my desk! We also had the raffle and I can go shopping with an extra 20 bucks in my pocket (unlike last year when I just got an Esky, but the ice-pack in it did come in handy when I injured myself week in week out).
What else have I been up to... I have been doing experiments in the city, so with the travel time and stress over where to park really took the energy out of me. The heat from the last 2 days have been an absolute torture. We had temperature of 37 and 41 degrees over the weekend and the smoke in the air from fires in the country-side was terrible. I have been trying to get some xmas shopping done with no success, shopping centres are just full of people and I get uneasy with crowds!
There are a few more xmas parties in the coming couple of weeks and then finally the holidays!! But before that, I have to work hard and finish as much work as possible!

No comments:
Post a Comment