Monday, September 25, 2006

Routines

Back in high school, I think we were pretty much experts in routines. We had a timetable that we adhered to everyday, it basically outlined precisely the time that we have to be at one place week in week out. And towards the end of each term or semester, we would be stressing out about deadlines and exams. That was the life we lived for most of our teenage lives – routines – whether you like it or not. Doesn’t sound like there was much fun huh? But funny how once I started uni, I kinda missed those routines. I missed the times that I didn’t have to think about what I would be doing during those 3 hrs break between lectures; times that I didn’t have to be anxious about clashes of timetables; times that I didn’t have to worry whether I would be able to catch that last bus if the prac class went overtime. Routines, though sometimes can be boring, reflects consistency and stability.

No comments: